Published on September 5th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
How To: Upcycle a Baby Food Jar into a Decoupaged Pumpkin
Transform baby food jars into fun, upcycled decoupaged pumpkins!
What You Will Need:
1. A baby food jar
2. Recycled paper. I used book pages.
3. An orange crayon
4. School glue. If you can, use eco-glue.
5. Hot glue/hot glue gun
6. A small paintbrush
7. A branch/twig
How To Do It:
1. Color your recycled paper with an orange crayon.
2. Rip your book page into small pieces.
3. Mix your school glue with a little bit of water. Like I always say, you will want it to have the consistency of soup.
4. With your hands or a small paintbrush, glue the pieces of paper to your baby food jar/lid.
5. Once the jar/lid has dried, hot glue a small stick to the top of the lid. (You might have to cut the stick to the right size.)
Isn’t this the most precious decoupaged pumpkin you’ve ever seen? This would be a great craft for kids! You could also create a whole “patch” to create party favors or to decorate a fall get-together. What would you use them for?
Looking for more eco-friendly fall ideas? Check these out:
- Fall Crafting: Acorns
- How To: Create an Eco-Friendly Wreath For Fall
- How To: Recycled “Fall” Jars
- 4 Eco-Friendly Fall Decorations