Published on May 10th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
10 Upcycled Ladder Projects That Will Leave You Inspired
Thanks to Pinterest, I’ve been searching thrift stores high and low to find a ladder to upcycle into a shelf. Finally, I found an old bunk bed ladder to transform! I simply propped it up against the wall and added decorations. In the future I might paint it and give it a shabby chic look like the Shabby Chic Coffee Table, but for now, I’m loving the rustic wood.
Here are 10 ladder projects that inspired me to make my own ladder shelf:
1. Laundry Ladder Rack by Little Lucy Lu — This aqua blue ladder rack would actually make me want to do laundry… maybe.
2. Ladder Lantern by Unskinny Boppy — Looking for a lighting idea for your porch or patio this summer? Look no further!
3. Yellow Ladder Table by Mom 4 Real — Wouldn’t this be a precious side table or patio table?
4. Vintage Ladder Pot Rack by A Beach Cottage — If you need a place for your kitchen pots, a vintage ladder is an awesome solution.
5. Christmas Tree Ladder by Funky Junk Interiors — I’m amazed by Donna’s ability to create something so beautiful from “junk” like this ladder Christmas tree.
6. Ladder Bed Canopy/Headboard by Chipping With Charm — Chipping With Charm’s ladder bed canopy took her bedroom to the next level. It’s gorgeous!
8. Picture Display Ladder by Kammy’s Korner — Isn’t this such a great idea for a large empty space on the wall or in a hallway?
9. Ladder Quilt Rack by The County Chic Cottage — Hang all of your handmade quilts on a cute shabby chic ladder.
10. Use a Ladder for Yarn Storage by Fresh Stitches — This yarn storage idea makes me want to learn how to crochet!
What would you do with an old ladder? There are so many possibilities, it’s hard to choose just one. If you’ve created your own ladder project, share it in our Green Crafts Showcase!