Accessories etsy metal art

Published on February 11th, 2009 | by Lucille Chi

Cute and Creative Ways to Reuse Metal

1. Sculpture: Look at this inspiring upcycled artistic re-creation of metal made by artist LadybugCircus on etsy for an interesting wall hanging, clock, or hook.

2. Furniture and Lighting: A light fixture made out of an old shredder, or cheese grater looks cool. Perhaps you are into the steampunk look or modern, recycled metal for cabinets, sliding doors, cabinets on wheels and storage containers all look slick…

3. Jewelery: I’m swooning over these adorable flying cherub earrings from Anna Built and Jute and Jackfruit:

Do you work with metal? What are some of your best re-creations?

I like metal wall sculpture that hangs votives, or punched tin lights, handmade ornaments (like tin heart valentines), and wind-chimes.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Lucy Chi loves good green design, ethical fashion, environmental art and education, renewables, holistic healing and more. She has been dedicating her energies toward finding and drawing attention to all the ways in which products, companies, and industries are moving toward creating a more sustainable world on the global scale, as well as the way individuals are moving toward living sustainably, and healing at the personal level. Sustainability studies: PresidioMBA.org & B.S. Cornell University, College of Human Ecology, Dept. of Textiles and Fiber Science. Contact: lucillechi (at) gmail.com

32 Responses to Cute and Creative Ways to Reuse Metal

1. Kara says:

Back when HGTV still had craft shows, I saw the cutest belt made from food can lids using a torch to cut designs. That’s my favorite metal reuse craft. I’m designing a laminated aluminum can rigid heddle for my frame loom and often use salvaged wire for jewelry. Nothing as cool as those cherub earrings though!

2. Kara says:

3. Kara says:

4. Kara says:

5. Pingback: Metal Wall Sculpture - Iron Wall Sculpture

6. sheila maria zalancly says:

wonderful and pretty fab. i deff want this in my room.

7. sheila maria zalancly says:

wonderful and pretty fab. i deff want this in my room.

8. sheila maria zalancly says:

wonderful and pretty fab. i deff want this in my room.

9. sheila maria zalancly says:

wonderful and pretty fab. i deff want this in my room.

10. sefoksna tingting says:

i woklf da have this rok of ort. baybay julies woklf da this manniffinsent ort. im cum in da wokort. julies lovs kokays in da moning. do yay like kokays in the moning? may i askof yourve veer la voue. i i lay la kokays in da bech.

11. sefoksna tingting says:

12. sefoksna tingting says:

13. sefoksna tingting says:

14. Boscov McFronsay says:

i love sefoksna tingting shes has amazing opinions and my heart beats for herr. i love her way with words, it makes me hearts melt in 1000 peices. i am also love kokays in da moning and in the bech. comment me at loverboay@aim.com anytime sefoksna tingting<33333

15. Boscov McFronsay says:

16. Boscov McFronsay says:

17. Boscov McFronsay says:

18. sefoksna tingting says:

oh Boscov McFronsay yourve words farter me. meet me at the bech tomorroe.

19. sefoksna tingting says:

oh Boscov McFronsay yourve words farter me. meet me at the bech tomorroe.

20. sefoksna tingting says:

oh Boscov McFronsay yourve words farter me. meet me at the bech tomorroe.

21. Boscov McFronsay says: