Published on September 13th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
Fall Crafts: Make a Recycled Paper Acorn Banner
Make an easy and adorable acorn banner out of recycled paper!
Acorns might be small, but they can have a big impact on your fall decor style this year! From recycled cork acorns to painted acorns, the ideas are endless! There are so many fall crafts to chose from, but I decided to join in on the fun by creating a recycled paper acorn banner.
What You Will Need:
1. Recycled paper. I used book pages.
2. Recycled cardboard
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
4. Twine. If you can, use hemp twine— it’s more eco-friendly!
6. A hole punch
7. A pencil
How To Do It:
1. Create two patterns– one for the top of your acorn and one for the bottom. I pulled up this acorn image from Little Acorn Learning on my computer screen, put my recycled paper up to the screen, and gently traced it.
2. Draw the top of the acorns on the recycled cardboard. Then, cut them out.
3. Draw the bottom of the acorns on the recycled paper. Make sure you leave a little extra room at the top in order to attach/glue the cardboard pieces. Then, cut them out.
4. Hot glue the top pieces to the bottom pieces. Remember to spread out your glue so there aren’t any bumps once it dries.
5. Hole punch two holes in the top of each acorn.
6. Put your twine through each hole of the acorns.
Now your banner is ready to be displayed! It would look fantastic on a mantle, on the edge of your serving table at a family gathering, or simply hung on the wall! The banner could even be an eco-friendly decoration for Thanksgiving.
Do you have any acorn decor or craft ideas? Share them with us so we can pin them to our fall Pinterest board. I’m obsessed now and I can’t wait to make felted acorn ornaments for Christmas, too!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!