Published on November 30th, 2016 | by Julie Finn2
Two Dozen Upcycled Crafts for Christmas
Let’s have a very merry upcycled Christmas! Check out this list of upcycled crafts for Christmas for plenty of projects that you can make from upcycled and recycled materials.
24 Upcycled Crafts for Christmas
1. coffee can gift box. It’s a great size for gift-giving, and pretty paper makes it festive!
2. cookie can. If you know of someone with a Pringles addiction, have them save you some cans to upcycle for your holiday cookie gifts.
3. egg carton reindeer. Upcycled crafts are great for little kids, because you don’t have to buy a lot of stuff for their process-oriented work.
4. fabric scrap pom pom. You won’t believe that your old fabric scraps can make an ornament this pretty!
5. filled Christmas ornaments. Fabric scraps, wool scraps, stash scrapbook paper–there are lots of ideas for what would look pretty in these ornaments.
6. framed Christmas cards. Show off the beautiful artwork on those cards!
7. holiday T-shirt. Here’s an easy way to cover up a stain AND make a festive, holiday-themed shirt.
8. Mason jar lid wreaths. This tutorial shows you how to make several Mason jar lid wreaths, so you should be able to use up all of your old Mason jar lids!
9. painted sheet music. You can often find ratty vintage pieces in thrift stores or at garage sales. Give it a new life as holiday decorations!
10. pallet board Nativity scene. Use a stencil instead of vinyl for an even more eco-friendly project.
11. papier mache ornament. Upcycled newspaper is the base for this cute, kid-friendly ornament.
12. puzzle Christmas ornament. Turn a puzzle with missing pieces into a set of super-cute Christmas ornaments.
13. reclaimed wood snowman ornament. You can use all kinds of reclaimed wood for these ornaments.
14. record album cover ornament. Snag those vintage Christmas records whenever you see them, and upcycle the covers into ornaments!
15. sandwich bag Christmas ornament. Just do this outside, okay?
16. sock snowman. Put those orphaned socks to work!
17. toilet paper tube Christmas lights. These would look festive in a classroom or child’s bedroom, or wherever you don’t want to put “real” lights.
18. toilet paper tube Christmas tree. You could make an entire kids’ holiday party with just toilet paper tube Christmas crafts!
19. toilet paper tube gingerbread man. This cute little guy sits on your mantle.
20. toilet paper tube Rudolph. This would be a super-easy craft to do with a bunch of kids.
21. T-shirt tree skirt. What do you do with all of those holiday T-shirts that you don’t wear? Make them into a tree skirt!
22. upcycled CD ornament. Do something productive with that scratched CD.
23. vintage button sign. Those vintage pearly white buttons would make an especially lovely sign.
24. vintage button snowflake ornaments. Here’s a quick way to de-stash your giant button collection.