Published on June 6th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell0
DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas: Make a Recycled Card
Are you hunting for Father’s Day gift ideas? Make your dad a handmade card with sheet music and magazine pages!
Skip the big box stores and get crafty this Father’s Day! It’s super easy to make a greeting card from recycled paper and it’s much more meaningful than store bought cards! My dad loves music, so I wanted to create a Father’s Day card that incorporated that love. What better way to celebrate his love for music than sheet music and a guitar pick card? If your dad isn’t into music, consider forming your card into another unique shape that represents his interests — tools, a golf club, a car, etc. There are so many possibilities to customize this project!
What You Will Need:
1. Sheet music
2. A magazine
4. A black marker
5. Glue. Use eco glue, if you can!
How To Do It:
1. Draw a pick on your sheet music (pictured below). I drew mine with a pencil first and then went back over it with a black permanent marker.
2. Fold your paper in half and then cut your pick out. Make sure you leave one part together. It should look like this once you’re done:
4. Go through your magazines and cut out letters for the words, “You rock” and, “Happy Father’s Day.” If your little ones are old enough to use scissors, you can allow them find the correct letters and cut them out!
5. On the front of the card, glue the “You rock” phrase.
6. On the inside of the card, glue the “Happy Father’s Day” phrase.
7. Let everything dry!
Write a personalized message inside of the card, and you’re ready to give it to your dad! You can even pair it with a DIY Father’s Day gift! If your dad enjoys music like mine does, you could make him DIY guitar picks or framed music art, too!
What will you create for your dad this year? Share your Father’s Day gift ideas with us in the comment section below!