Published on August 22nd, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
How To: Create Upcycled Splatter Paint Art
Turn an old cardboard box into upcycled splatter paint art!
While working on the Upcycle a Guitar into Art post, I used an old cardboard box underneath it while painting. When I posted a sneak peek of the project on Instagram, my friend suggested turning the cardboard box into upcycled splatter paint art. So, I did!
What You Will Need:
1. 2 large pieces of recycled cardboard
3. A guitar or an image of a guitar that you can trace
4. Other paint that you can splatter (tempera paint works great!)
6. A paint brush
How To Do It:
1. With one piece of your recycled cardboard, trace a guitar or an image of a guitar onto the cardboard. Then, cut it out. (Tip: If music isn’t your thing, you could also trace/cut out another image like scissors, tools, or even silverware.)
2. Place it on the other piece of cardboard and begin to lightly spray paint around the edges. It should look something like this:
3. Cut out the piece that you plan to frame.
4. Put several colors of tempera paint on an extra piece of cardboard.
5. With your paint brush, splatter the paint onto the cardboard. Try to avoid the guitar area as much as you can– you will want people to know that it is a guitar.
6. Once the paint has dried, insert the cardboard into a picture frame. You can easily find an awesome picture frame at thrift stores or garage sales. The frame gives it a polished look, right?