Published on August 19th, 2014 | by Becky Striepe1
Spotted: DIY Photo Frame on Pallet Wood
How sweet is this DIY photo frame made with a transfer on to recycled pallet wood?
We are constantly needing new picture frames in my house. I just made a mini picture frame from an old mason jar lid, and already I have new photos that need framing up. So you can imagine how jazzed I was to run across this clever DIY photo frame idea on Southern Revivals!
To make your own DIY photo frame from reclaimed wood, you will need:
- printed photos (print them reversed, so the transfer won’t be all backwardsy)
- a wood pallet, plus tools to disassemble
- nails or wood glue (to attach your back piece of wood to the front pieces)
- Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium
- sponge brush
- damp towel or sponge
- sanding block (optional, if you want a distressed look)
- Matte Mod Podge
- paint brush
Ready to make your own? Check out the great, detailed tutorial from Southern Revivals!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!