Published on July 4th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell0
DIY Crafts: Recycle a CD Case into a Business Card Holder
Don’t throw away that old CD case! You can turn it into DIY crafts like an unique business card holder!
After our 25 Ways to Recycle CDs and DVDs and 20 Ways to Recycle CD Cases posts, I figured it was time that I created some DIY crafts with CD cases, too! I’m always dreaming up unique crafty business ideas for my craft booth (like a lantern jewelry display and upcycled dry erase price signs), so it should be no surprise what I decided to make: a business card holder! You won’t believe how easy it is to create and there are so many variations to this project, too!
What You Will Need:
1. A CD case
2. Paper. You can use eco-friendly scrapbook paper, newspaper, book pages, sheet music, magazine pages, etc.
3. A black marker or permanent marker
5. Glue. If you can, use EcoGlue.
6. Your business cards
How To Do It:
1. Cut your paper to the size of the front of your CD case.
2. Embellish it! I glued a coordinating paper on top of my patterned paper and then wrote “take one” on it. You could also leave that space blank and turn your CD case into a dry erase board.
3. Open your CD case in the opposite direction. Then, tape your embellished paper to the inside portion of the case. You only need a few pieces and try to make the tape as small as possible — you don’t want to see the tape.
4. Add your eco-friendly business cards. There is a small lip on the CD case that will hold a few in place, but the majority of your cards will simply lean against the CD case.
Wasn’t that easy? This would be a perfect business card holder for a musician’s merchandise table, a craft booth, or even on your desk at work! Where would you use your business card holder?
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!