Published on May 30th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell0
Turn Your Vintage Camera into a Piece of Art!
Transform your vintage camera into an awesome piece of art for your bookshelf or table!
After yesterday’s inspiring post, 10 Incredible Ways to Upcycle a Vintage Camera, I started thinking about how I could transform my own vintage camera. My camera was not working and had rust all over, but it was in my family, so I didn’t want to get rid of it. I decided it was time to give it a makeover! Like I mentioned yesterday, do not ruin a working vintage camera for the sake of this project. Make sure you do your research and use common sense before destroying any vintage awesomeness, ok? Ok! The great part of this project is that it doesn’t alter the camera at all!
What You Will Need:
1. A vintage camera. This is what I started out with:
2. Scrapbook paper or recycled paper. Scrapbook paper isn’t the greenest craft supply, so opt for an eco-friendly brand like the Green Stack collection, if you can.
4. Small clothespins
6. A marker
How to Do It:
1. Decide which side of your camera you will place your quote/art on. I simply chose the side that was the most flat. You could put art on both sides of your camera if you wanted to.
2. Cut your paper to the size of the side of the camera.
3. Write a quote or an inspiring word on the paper. I wrote “smile!” on mine.
4. Tape the paper in place.
5. To add a fun, unexpected element, I decided to attach pictures to the top of the camera with small clothespins. If you want to glam up your clothespins, check out our tutorial on how to embellish clothespins!
I love the way it turned out! I also love that if I ever decide to do something different with the camera, I totally could.
What would you do with your vintage camera? Share your ideas with us in the comment section below!