Published on April 8th, 2014 | by Becky Striepe0
Spotted: DIY Bird Feeder from an Old Glass Soda Bottle
Got a glass soda bottle in your recycle bin? Fish it out and make a DIY bird feeder for your garden!
I try to avoid refined sugar, but I do have a weakness for fancy sodapop sometimes as a treat. Give me a ginger beer or tonic water in a glass bottle with a vintagey label, and I’m a happy lady. I always feel bad tossing those pretty bottles in the recycle bin, so I was happy to run across a tutorial at Bird & Blooms for turning a glass soda bottle into a DIY bird feeder!
Here’s what you need to make your own DIY bird feeder:
- glass soda bottle (Save the cap! You’ll need it!)
- 1/4-in. threaded steel rod, 12 in. long
- 7-1/4 x 7-1/2-in. turnbuckle with two eyebolts
- Loctite glue
- chicken feeder base
- 1/4-in. threaded wing nut
- 1-in. diamond drill bit
- 1/2-in. regular twist drill bit