Published on February 12th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell0
Valentine’s Day Ideas: Turn an Oatmeal Container into an Eco-Friendly Gift Box
Valentine’s Day ideas don’t have to be expensive– turn trash into treasure by making an oatmeal container into an eco-friendly gift box.
Finished your DIY Valentine’s day gift for your love, but forgot about a gift box? Don’t worry– we have tons of Valentine’s Day ideas! You can easily take an item from your recycling bin (like an oatmeal container) and turn it into an awesome and eco-friendly gift box!
What You Will Need:
1. An oatmeal container or another container with a lid
2. Sheet music or other recycled paper
4. Glue or tape. If you can, use eco glue!
6. A black permanent marker or crayon
How To Do It:
1. Cut your sheet music to the size of your oatmeal container.
2. With glue or tape, attach the sheet music to the container.
3. Cut a heart shape out of your scrapbook paper.
4. Write the phrase of your choice on the heart. I chose “You make my heart sing!” to go with the whole music theme. If you didn’t just start singing, “Wild thing! You make my heart sing!” I’m not sure we can be friends any more.
5. Attach the heart to the container with glue or tape.
6. Add embellishments to the lid of the container. I added a small circle of red scrapbook paper to cover the logo on top. Then, I added a paper bow similar to the one I created in the Turn a Coffee Can into an Eco-Friendly Gift Box post.
Pretty simple, right? Put your handmade Valentine’s day gifts inside, and you’re ready to wow your love with your crafty goodness!
Which Valentine’s day ideas did you create this year? Share your projects with us– we love to hear from you!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!