Published on December 25th, 2013 | by Becky Striepe1
Rosemary Lemonade Bath Salts to Melt Away Holiday Stress (plus free printable label!)
I made these homemade bath salts as Christmas gifts and saved a little extra for myself!
It’s Christmas day, and for folks who celebrate it means that the holidays are winding down just a little bit. If you get a little stressed out during the holidays, these homemade bath salts are just the thing! The energizing rosemary and lemongrass essential oils help you bounce back from fatigue, and the soothing epsom salts and earthy undertones calm those frazzled nerves.
Unlike store-bought bath salts, these homemade bath salts don’t contain any artificial fragrance or colorings. They’re made with natural epsom salts, essential oils, and dried herbs. The best part? Homemade bath salts are super simple to make, so you can be soaking in the tub in less than half an hour.
Homemade bath salts are easy to make, and they make pretty gifts, too! In case you’re planning to give these as gifts, I’m sharing the printable labels that I created for them.
Rosemary Lemonade Bath Salts
Each jar makes enough salts for one decadent bath.
- large bowl
- soup spoon
- 4 cups epsom salts
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (optional – it’s just for the pretty factor)
- 5 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 40 drops Texas cedarwood essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 4 half-pint sized mason jars
- 1 sheet printable bath salts labels
- paper cutter
- packing tape
1. In your large bowl, combine the salt, dried rosemary, and oils, using your soup spoon to mix everything together really well.
2. Spoon the mixture into your jars, packing it in well. You may have a little bit left over, which is just enough for one bath. Yay! Close up your jars, and set them aside.
3. Print out your label sheets and use your paper cutter to slice your sheets into strips.
4. Use your packing tape to cover the labels and stick them to the jars. You want to cover the labels, since these jars might live near the tub, and you don’t want the moisture to ruin your pretty labels!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!