Published on August 30th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell2
How To: Upcycle a Teacup into a Chalkboard Business Card Holder
We’ve shared an Altoids Tin Business Card Holder, which is great for taking your business cards on the go, but what about displaying your business cards on a desk or table? I was looking for a unique way to display my business cards at my craft booth and here’s what I came up with– upcycle a teacup into a chalkboard business card holder!
What You Will Need:
1. A teacup. I found mine at a thrift store.
3. Painter’s tape
How To Do It:
1. Clean your teacup. Then, let it dry.
2. Tape off the top of the teacup with painter’s tape. It doesn’t have to be precise, just enough to cover the inside of the cup.
3. Paint the teacup with chalkboard paint. I painted mine like this to get the best coverage and have a clean line around the top edge of the cup:
4. Follow the instructions on your chalkboard paint label as far as dry time and cure time is concerned.
Once your paint has cured, you can write on the teacup! For my craft booth, I plan on writing “Take one!” or something along those lines. For a teacher or business, you could put your name on the cup or simply draw a fun design on it.
What would you use a chalkboard teacup for? Now that you have your teacup ready, you can create your own eco-friendly business cards or buy sustainable ones online to put inside!