Published on May 31st, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell1
Upcycling Altoids Tins: A Business Card Holder for Dad
I’ve created an Altoid tin business card holder before, but what about one specifically for dad? It’s an awesome Father’s Day gift that can be personalized in so many ways.
What You Will Need:
1. An Altoids tin. I found an older Altoids tin at a thrift store.
3. School glue. If you can, use ecoglue.
4. Recycled paper
6. A pencil
How To Do It:
1. Spray paint your Altoids tin.
2. Trace the Altoids tin on the recycled paper. Then, cut it out.
3. Write “Dad” in the center of the paper in bubble letters and cut it out.
4. Mix your school glue with a little bit of water (just like I did in the original Altoids tin tutorial). Then, use the mixture to glue the paper to the top of the Altoids tin.
You could also add recycled paper to the inside of the tin for an extra little surprise. There are so many ways you can personalize this project! Here are a few ideas:
- decorate the tin using the colors of your Dad’s favorite sports team
- draw or glue your Dad’s company logo to the front
- draw or glue your Dad’s name or initials to the front
- make it look like tool box like Alpha Mom did.
If you’re looking for more Altoids tin projects, be sure to check these out:
- Ten Ways to Repurpose an Altoids Tin
- DIY Altoids Mini-BBQ via Insteading
- Altoids Tin Gift Holder
- Altoids Case Speaker via Sustainablog