Published on May 9th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
How To: Make a No Sew Sunglasses Case
I’ve admired Becky’s Burlap Sunglasses Case for quite some time now, but I have no sewing skills at all. My solution? Create a no sew sunglasses case with my handy-dandy hot glue gun!
What You Will Need:
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
4. A pen
How To Do It:
1. Get your sunglasses and determine what size your felt needs to be. You will essentially cut out a large rectangle. Be sure to add a little extra fabric to each end– we will be folding and gluing the ends and you don’t want to make it too small.
2. Fold your felt in half.
3. Hot glue the sides together. First, hot glue the two sides together. Then, fold it over and hot glue it again like so:
4. Hot glue one end of the felt. Make sure you hot glue the end that you cut instead of the straight edge. You will repeat the same steps you did in step 3–hot glue the ends together and then fold it over and hot glue it again.
5. Once your hot glue has dried, turn it inside out.
6. Draw sunglasses on your other color of felt. Then, cut it out and glue it to the outside of your case.
7. As you can see from the picture above, the hot glue is peeking through the yellow felt. I was super sad, but decided to fix it with some “lenses.” In retrospect, I would probably use a darker or thicker felt so it masks the hot glue.
Now your cute case is ready to hold and protect your sunglasses! I didn’t add a closure because my glasses fit pretty snug inside. However, if you want to add one for extra security, check out the How To: Make a Burlap Sunglasses Case post. Oh, and if you want to buy some stylish eco eyewear, check out this post from Feelgood Style!
Isn’t this perfect for summer? What summer projects are you working on? Share them in our Green Crafts Showcase or on our Facebook page!