Published on December 6th, 2012 | by Bonnie Getchell2
Button Wreath Ornament
I really miss all of the homemade ornaments that I would put on our Christmas tree when I was growing up. I loved the stories they brought each year as we put them on the tree. In order to start my own “stories,” I’ve been trying to make my own Christmas ornaments. Last year I made these fabulous recycled magazine ornaments and this year I was inspired by Craftapalooza’s button wreath!
What You Will Need:
1. Lightweight cardboard
2. Old buttons
4. Hot glue/hot glue
How To Do It:
1. Trace two circles on your cardboard like so:
2. Cut your pattern out.
3. Hot glue your buttons onto the cardboard. I did one layer of buttons and then did a second layer in the middle to cover up some of the cardboard peeping through!
4. In order to hang my ornament, I took some twine and hot glued it to the back of my wreath like so:
You can use whatever you have on hand, though!
Looking for more awesome Christmas decor ideas? Check these out:
- Dazzling Holiday Decorations in a Snap
- 7 Holiday Decorations from Upcycled Sweaters
- An Elegant, Energy-Efficient Holiday: Simple Decorating Ideas
- Greening Your Holiday Season
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!