Published on October 27th, 2012 | by Becky Striepe1
Need last-minute Halloween ideas? We can help!
Halloween is this coming Wednesday, so if you’re going to get some last-minute Halloween festivities going, this weekend is the time to get crafty! Need a little last-minute Halloween crafty inspiration? Here are some DIY costume and decoration ideas, including lots of things that you can whip up in a flash!
When time is running short, it’s tempting to hit the big box store for a costume and decorations, but that last-minute purchase has lasting effects on the planet. Most store-bought Halloween products are made from plastic and polyester and are meant to be used or worn once before throwing them away. We spend millions of dollars on this disposable crap every year, and most of it ends up in the landfill on November first.
It takes a little extra time and effort, but making your own Halloween costumes and decorations means you opt out of that system of waste and pollution. Here are some ideas to make it easier to say no to store-bought and embrace handmade, even in a Halloween time crunch!
Last-Minute Halloween Costumes
- Upcycled Witch Hat
- Recycled Trick-or-Treat Bucket
- Pillowcase Trick-or-Treat Tote
- Upcycled Disney Crafts – some great costume ideas here!
- Extreme Homemade Halloween Costumes
- Cat Ear Hoodie
- Upcycled Butterfly Wings
- Halloween Costume Ideas Using Recycled Materials
- The Classic Newspaper Hat, Now With Your Choice of Paper!
- Make a Yarn Wig from a Mesh Produce Bag
Last-Minute Halloween Decorations
- Pumpkin Luminary Jar
- Pumpkin Napkin Ring Holder
- Upcycled Tin Lanterns
- Drunken Farmer Decoration
- Paper Luminary Covers
- Mummified Glass Jar Candle Holder
- Bejeweled Black Cat Made from a Laundry Detergent Bottle
- Cardboard Rolls Transformed into Halloween Favor Boxes
Do you guys have any last-minute Halloween costumes or decor in the works? Tell us what you’re making in the comments!
Image Credit: Photo by Julie Finn
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!