Accessories feathers

Published on January 9th, 2009 | by Lucille Chi

Spread the love:

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Plusone Tumblr Email

Check out Elven Forest Creations on Etsy.

All the products are made from recycled, reclaimed or organic fabrics.  On the top above “the feathers for the wings are from someone who had gathered fallen feathers from their farm” and“the feathers would have gone to the landfill had they not started selling them.”

I think the idea of reclaimed and reused natural materials is brilliant and stunning, when combined with fantasy and fairytales :).. These look like costume pieces for an enchanting time…

Above image courtesy of Elven Forest Creations.

Spread the love:

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Plusone Tumblr Email

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Lucy Chi loves good green design, ethical fashion, environmental art and education, renewables, holistic healing and more. She has been dedicating her energies toward finding and drawing attention to all the ways in which products, companies, and industries are moving toward creating a more sustainable world on the global scale, as well as the way individuals are moving toward living sustainably, and healing at the personal level. Sustainability studies: PresidioMBA.org & B.S. Cornell University, College of Human Ecology, Dept. of Textiles and Fiber Science. Contact: lucillechi (at) gmail.com

18 Responses to Fallen and Found Feathers, plus Reclaimed and Recycled Materials at Elven Forest Creations on Etsy

1. Mindy says:

Definitely the most creative use of feathers that I’ve ever seen.

2. Mindy says:

Definitely the most creative use of feathers that I’ve ever seen.

3. Mindy says:

Definitely the most creative use of feathers that I’ve ever seen.

4. Teresa says:

My kids and I gather feathers that fall on our property too – from our chickens and wild birds that drop them – but to make a bikini top from feathers is not the first or the even the 400th thing I’d think of. It is totally cool (and nothing I’d wear myself…LOL!).

5. Teresa says:

6. Teresa says:

7. Teresa says:

8. Kristen says:

If you’re thinking of doing this yourself, be especially careful of which feathers you pick up. The Migratory Bird Act of 1918 prohibits the possession, either in part (e.g. feathers) or whole, of any migratory bird within the US without special permits.

The full text of the law is available here: http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusmba.htm

9. Kristen says:

10. Kristen says:

11. Lucille says:

What about peacock feathers? I remember visiting a Tibetan Buddhist temple (they consider peacock feathers divine and pray with them) and the colorfully iridescent birds roamed around shedding feathers everywhere around the grounds and gardens. I imagine farms and orchards like the ones mentioned have plenty of birds roaming around leaving feathers behind for some lucky crafter. Thanks for the extra info when finding migratory bird feathers, though!

12. Lucille says:

13. Lucille says:

14. Stephanie says:

absolutely stunning.

15. Stephanie says:

absolutely stunning.

16. Stephanie says:

absolutely stunning.

17. Stephanie says:

absolutely stunning.

18. Pingback: Pillow Fight Party? Upcycle the Leftover feathers! : Crafting a Green World